This informal local group is part of the larger Pictou County chapter and offers support for the community members of Antigonish and the surrounding areas. They have check-ins with members at monthly meetings and seek partnerships with local organizations such as St. Marthaâ€™s hospital and St. FX University.
- Group Leader: Fran Wittgens
Phone: 902-863-3546,Â Email:Â email@example.com
- Monthly meetings are the 3rd Monday of every month (except July & August) at 2pm @ the Peopleâ€™s Place Library (Community Meeting room) in Antigonish.
List of Programs & Services currently offered:
- Exercise partners with St.FX. Human Kinetics students (through Service Learning program at St.FX.)
- Student visiting program through Service Learning at St.FX.
- Technological support and links at People’s Place library Seasonal socials
- Mutual linking and supporting between New Glasgow and Antigonish groups
- Guest Speakers
- Friends of Antigonish Parkinsons Support Group (family and friends taking on extra responsibilities such as fundraising and dispersing funds for equipment and other needs of members)
Most of the above list items are offered through the monthly meetings, please contact Fran Wittgens for more information.